Breakfast for Dinner with Brown Rice Tortillas

After a long day at work, I skipped my trip to the grocery store and decided to have breakfast for dinner.  So, I whipped up some liquid egg whites, added onions, Daiya mozzarella cheese, and sprinkled the top with sea salt and ground black pepper.



Next, I wrapped the eggs into a brown rice tortilla.  


Happy was the day I found a tortilla I could eat! The tortillas I use are brown rice based and are wheat-free and gluten-free.  They are from the compay "Food for Life". http://www.foodforlife.com/about_us/yeast-free




The link directs you to the page that lists their yeast-free products.  In addition to tortillas, they produce yeast-free breads, pastas, and cereals.  Be sure to read all ingredients to meet your dietary needs. Food for Life has a locator on their website.  Again, I was fortunate to find the tortillas at my neighborhood Publix.  The tortillas are found in the freezer section.  You can keep them in your refrigerator or freezer.  Below is the nutritional information on the brown rice tortillas, as well as all of the ingredients.


For those of you on Weight Watchers, one tortilla is 3 points on the PointsPlus plan.  So, you can have tortillas on a yeast-free diet!



Comments

  1. wow I will look for these at publix, had never heard of them before!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, they are in the freezer section near a lot of the gluten-free breads.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment