Say Cheese

Yesterday it was back to teaching for me after Spring Break.  After work, my new patio furniture was delivered, so my blog went on hold for a day.

My nephew set up all of my patio furniture for me. He also hung a new cotton rope hammock in the backyard.  At first the hammock was too low to the ground and my collie, Abbey, tried to get into it with him.  Here is a picture he took of her looking really happy:


Say cheese, Abbey!

Oh, that's right....cheese!  That is our topic for the day.  Imagine how thrilled I was to read a comment on a blog one night about cheese that I could eat on a yeast-free diet.  I put the name brand, Daiya, into my iPhone "Notes" to check out on my next shopping trip.  

I was so excited to find Daiya brand cheese at my local Whole Foods in Winter Park, Florida.  I was only looking at the time for shredded cheese and they carried both cheddar and mozzarella.  I bought both of them.  Since then, I have also found Daiya mozzarella at my local Publix.

Here is the link to the Daiya website:  http://www.daiyafoods.com/

As you can see, they have many other products.  Be sure to read all of the ingredients on the package carefully to be sure they meet your dietary needs.  The website also contains recipes and a locator to find Daiya products in your area.  My neighborhood Publix did not come up on the locator, so you may be lucky like I was and find Daiya products at your local grocery, too.  The locator also lists restaurants that use their products.  Wow!  How helpful if you are eating out!

The Daiya shredded mozzarella and cheddar cheese are 2 Weight Watchers points for 1/4 cup on the PointsPlus plan.  Not bad.  A tablespoon of Daiya shredded cheese on eggs whites in the morning is only 1 Weight Watchers point on the PointsPlus plan!




You can even put the egg whites and cheese into a brown rice tortilla.  More on brown rice options next time.




Comments

  1. New Patio Furniture!! I am so jealous. I need to break down and buy some. Mine is getting pretty beat.

    By the way. Abbey is Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes,I'm so happy with it. I live in Florida, so I have to have some. I sat down in one of my old chairs a few months ago, and the seat had rusted through!! Thanks for the compliment about my dog. She is beautiful and sweet; my little best friend! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment