Avocado Pasta on a Yeast-Free Diet

One of the girls I work with shared this recipe for Creamy Avocado Pasta with me.  (Thanks Nicole!!)  It on the Greatist website.  www.greatist.com  This site is an excellent source for health, fitness, and inspirational tips.  Many of the recipes are paleo and vegan which can be adapted to the yeast-free diet.  
I love this recipe.  I have already made it twice. It is absolutely delicious, especially if you use fresh garlic, lemon and basil.  I'm convinced that is the key to the tastiness of the sauce.  Here is the recipe:
  • 1 medium ripe avocado
  • 1/2 lemon, juiced and lemon zest to garnish 
  • 2-3 garlic cloves (I used 4 because I like garlic!)
  • 1/2 tsp. sea salt
  • 1/4 cup of fresh basil
  • 2 tbsp. olive oil
  • Freshly ground black pepper

1.  I made this with Ancient Harvest Quinoa Pasta Garden Pagodas.  I cooked it according to the    package.  I think this sauce would go well over brown rice pasta, too. 

2.  While the pasta is cooking, place the garlic, lemon juice, and olive oil into a blender or food processor.  Process until everything is a smooth consistency.
3. Next add the avocado, basil, and salt.  I cut the avocado and tore the basil into manageable pieces to help along the processing.
4.  Drain the pasta.  Pour on the sauce and toss until the pasta is fully covered.  Garnish with lemon zest and black pepper.
This recipe makes enough for two servings.  If you have any leftover sauce, you can eat it as a dip with brown rice crisps for a snack.  
Here is the final product!  
Avocado Pasta
A great meal for a lazy summer afternoon or evening.  Just ask Abbey!


Comments