Yummy & Healthy Cookies on a Yeast-Free Diet

Hope everyone has had a super Fourth of July Weekend!  As it winds down, Abbey is still wearing her stars and stripes hat!



Also, my crepe myrtles are blooming in the front and back yard.  They are so beautiful!



Just so you know, I am still doing very well on the combination of the Weight Watchers program and yeast-free living.  My total weight loss at this time is 34.7 pounds!  I am getting closer to my goal.  I can hardly wait until my toes heal and I can get into the pool at the gym and swim.  

This week I adapted a recipe I found at www.theskinnyfork.com.  I adapted it from "Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies" to Almond Butter Oatmeal Cookies.  They contain no oil, no flour, no eggs, and no added sugar!  

Here are the ingredients:

  • 2 ripe bananas, mashed
  • 1/3 Cup Almond Butter
  • 2/3 Cup Unsweetened Applesauce
  • 1 tsp. Vanilla
  • 1/2 tsp. Salt
  • 1/2 tsp. Cinnamon
  • Dash of Ground Cloves
  • Dash of Nutmeg
  • 1 1/2 Cups of Old Fashioned Oats
  • 1/4 Cup of Organic 42% Cacao Chips (optional, if not on a yeast-free diet)
Mash the bananas.  Add the almond butter and stir until mixed.  Add the applesauce and stir until mixed.  Next add all of the spices.  Add the oats, and then the optional cacao chips.

Bake for 20 minutes at 350 degrees.

If you are interested in the cacao chips I bought, they are from Sunspire. www.sunspire.com

They do contain organic evaporated cane juice, organic unsweetened chocolate, and organic cocoa butter.  They also contain traces of milk.  So, as I stated, use with caution or leave them out.

I had the cookies as a snack today with a glass of unsweetened vanilla almond milk.  Milk and cookies!  This is about as good as it gets! Hope everyone has a wonderful week!  









Comments