Avocado Chicken Salad (No Mayo)

I was intrigued by this recipe for Avocado Chicken Salad I saw come across my Facebook News Feed.  It was from Humana Vitality, who obtained the recipe from thelemonbowl.com  The reason I liked the recipe is that it did not require mayonaise.  Although I have been using Vegenaise, both Original and Grapeseed Oil, this receipe used a combination of avocado, plain yogurt, and lime juice as the creamy base for the salad.

The recipe is easy and if you buy precut red onion, celery, and a rotisserie chicken, it is even easier!  That's what I did!  Here is the recipe.  I modified it a bit:


  • 1/2 avocado
  • 1/2 cup plain fat free yogurt (I used Stonyfield Organic.)
  • lime juice to taste
  • 12 oz. or so of chicken breast
  • 1/2 cup celery, diced
  • 1/2 cup red onion, diced
  • 1/2 cup cilantro - minced
  • salt and pepper to taste
1.  Mash together the avocado, plain yogurt and lime juice.
2.  Add the chicken, celery, red onion and cilantro.
3.  Add salt and pepper.

The dressing has a great, creamy taste and the entire recipe follows a yeast-free diet.  I don't know about you, but I get extremely happy when I find a mayonaise substitute.  I think the dressing could easily be used as a dip, too.  

I hope you try this recipe and like it as much as I do!

Avocado Chicken Salad



Comments