Yeast-Free Pumpkin Banana Bread

I hope that everyone had a Happy Thanksgiving!  I wanted to post this recipe before the holiday, but I didn't make my deadline!  Hopefully, you have some leftover pumpkin puree you can use to make this delicious pumpkin banana bread.

I adapted this recipe from a recipe I found on sugarfreemom.com.  Brenda, the author, has many gluten-free and sugar-free recipes on her site that you may want to try.  One reason I wanted to try this recipe was that it called for vanilla liquid stevia.  I have been given some NuNatural samples (liquid stevia) to experiment with in recipes.  This is the perfect time of year to begin cooking and developing recipes with the flavored NuNaturals.

Once I experiment a bit more with NuNaturals, I will have my first GIVEAWAY event on my blog.  I will award to (4) four readers (1) one bottle of each of the Lemon/Orange/Peppermint Flavored Stevia Liquids, PLUS the NEW CHOCOLATE STEVIA LIQUID.  So, keep reading the blog to see when the GIVEAWAY will be announced.

NuNaturals Pure Liquid Vanilla Stevia (Alcohol Free)


Yeast-Free Pumpkin Banana Bread

Ingredients

  • 2 eggs, beaten
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1/2 cup almond milk (I used unsweetened vanilla)
  • 1/2 cup applesauce, unsweetened
  • 1 teaspoon NuNaturals Pure Liquid Vanilla Stevia
  • 2 bananas, mashed
  • 2 cups gluten free flour (I used Bob's Red Mill)
  • 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon xanthum gum
  • 1 teaspoon cinnamon
  • 2 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
  • 1 cup pumpkin puree
Baking Instructions

1.  Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2.  Mix eggs, vanilla, almond milk, applesauce, and NuNaturals Pure Liquid Vanilla Stevia with a hand or stand mixer.
3.  Add bananas.
4.  In a separate bowl stir together flour, flaxseed, salt, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, xanthum gum and pumpkin pie spice.
5.  Pour the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients a little at a time until mixed together.
6.  Spray a loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray and pour batter into the pan.
7.  Bake 60-70 minutes until a toothpick in center of loaf comes out clean.  
(My loaf baked for 60 minutes.)
8.  Let cool 30-60 minutes before removing from loaf pan.

Yeast-Free Pumpkin Banana Bread (before baking)

Yeast-Free Pumpkin Banana Bread Warm Out-of-the-Oven


So Yummy and Ready to Eat!

This yeast-free pumpkin banana bread is delicious! You can eat it plain or add a vegan, dairy free cream cheese alternative to it, such as Go Veggie! brand.


Go Veggie! Vegan Dairy Free Classic Plain Cream Cheese Alternative

It has healthy ingredients and no added sugar.  I am so excited to share this recipe with you.  I hope you continue to enjoy your Thanksgiving weekend!  Abbey sure is...

It's a Dog's Life!!



Comments