A New Snack--Beanitos

I can't believe how long it has been since I've sat down to write a blog entry.  I have a lot of new products and recipes to share.  One bit of news is that I did meet my Weight Watchers goal last fall.  I am now a Lifetime Member.  That was an exciting goal for me to reach.  I've been doing a pretty good job of maintaining, but the holidays have crept up on me.  So, it is back to counting points for the January weigh-in to make sure I keep on track and stay Candida-free!

If you are like me, you get excited when you find a new snack.  Don't get me wrong, I love the Riceworks Gourmet Brown Rice Crisps I have written about on the blog, as well as the Baked Lentil Chips, and the Late July Summertime Blues and Sweet Potato Chips.  Recently, I found a coupon for Beanitos, so I thought I would try them.

I first bought the Beanitos Original Black Bean with Sea Salt Chips.  They were delicious!  They are corn free, contain no trans fats, are certified Kosher, as well as gluten-free, and vegan.  They are fiber rich (5g) and contain no sugar!  The ingredients listed are whole black beans, whole grain long brown rice and/or long grain white rice (I'm hoping for more brown rice than white rice), pure sunflower and/or safflower oil, guar bean gum, and sea salt. A serving size is about 12 chips and they are 3 Weight Watchers points on the points plus system.  I usually pair them with hummus, salsa, or use the avocado pasta I have posted on the blog as a dip.



Beanitos Original Black Bean with Sea Salt



I have also tried the Beanitos White Bean and Sea Salt Chips.  I loved them, too!  Again, they are corn free, contain no trans fats, are gluten free, certified Kosher, and vegan.  They contain 6 grams of fiber and are sugar free.  The ingredients listed are:  whole navy beans, whole grain long brown rice and/or long grain white rice, pure sunflower and/or safflower oil, guar bean gum, and sea salt.  A serving size is about 12 chips and they are 3 points on the Weight Watchers point plus system.

Beanitos White Bean with Sea Salt




Again, as always, I will caution you because the ingredients say brown rice and/or white rice.  So please take that into consideration in your journey with Candida.

Let me know if you enjoy them!  I will be posting again soon!

Comments