Yeast-Free Roasted Cauliflower Soup

To begin the blog today, I have to share something with my readers.  One of my friends and co-workers, Sue Avella, nominated me for the "Healthy Hero" for the month of January in my school district.  This is such an honor since I have tried to inspire and help people with yeast-free living since I found out I had the Candida allergy.  Here is the link to the article:  https://www.ocps.net/es/cr/Orange%20Peal/OrangePeal201501.pdf  Scroll down to page seven and on the right you will see "Healthy Hero".  To my surprise, the school district also had a gift for me.  It was a Fitbit Flex!  I love it!  It tracks my daily number of steps, sleep patterns, and it even converts the steps into Weight Watchers activity points.  If you have any friends who have the Candida allergy or just want to have some healthy recipes, tell them to join my circle on Google+,  "Like" my page on Facebook, or follow me on Twitter at @LaDonne.  You can also receive the blog through e-mail.

Now, back to the Roasted Cauliflower Soup recipe.  I found this recipe at http://www.theroastedroot.net/roasted-cauliflower-soup/  Don't get too excited!  The link mentions a Blendtec blender giveaway, but it is over.  They have a similar recipe on the website called "Easy Cauliflower Soup", but this one is better, in my opinion, because of the roasted cauliflower and garlic.

Ingredients

  • 1 head cauliflower, chopped into florets
  • 1 bulb garlic
  • 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
  • 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
  • 1 large yellow onion, chopped
  • 2 cups vegetable or chicken broth
  • 1 cup unsweetened almond milk

Instructions

  1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees 
  2. Chop the cauliflower into florets, lay it on a baking sheet and drizzle about 2 tablespoons of olive oil over the cauliflower, or enough to coat the florets.  Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
  3. Cover the whole bulb of garlic (skin on) with foil.  Place on the baking sheet with the cauliflower.
  4. Roast the cauliflower and garlic in the oven for 35 minutes, or until cauliflower has browned slightly and is cooked through
  5. While the cauliflower is roasting, heat the remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a medium skillet over medium heat.
  6. Saute the onion until browned, about 12 to 15 minutes.
  7. Add all ingredients to a blender and blend until completely smooth.  Check soup for flavor and add more salt if necessary
  8. Serve with olive oil drizzled on top and a dollop of plain yogurt, if desired
Cauliflower and Garlic ready for the oven!

Sauteing the Onions

Ready for the Blender! Notice the charred bits of cauliflower and the cloves of garlic!

The finished product!



This soup is so flavorful!  I think it is due to the roasting of the cauliflower and garlic.  That one step, I believe, makes this recipe a keeper.

Enjoy your day and let me know if you made the Roasted Cauliflower Soup!

Comments