Yeast Free Bread Mix--Breads from Anna

A few months ago I tried the Yeast Free Bread Mix from Breads from Anna.  The bread was absolutely delicious.  It is the first yeast free bread that I have found that actually tastes and has the texture of "real bread".  The product is gluten, dairy, corn, soy, nut, yeast, rice, and potato free!  How about that list! The owner of the company has celiac, type 1 diabetes, and is also a trained chef.  She has really made a great product.

To make the bread you add 1/4 cup of oil (I used olive oil), 1 1/2 cups of non-dairy drink, including water (I used unsweetened almond milk), 2 tablespoons of preferred sweetener (optional--I used Truvia), and 3 jumbo eggs to the package of Yeast Free Bread Mix.  On the package, it gives tips and variations if you need egg-free bread or use honey or another wet sweetener to sweeten the bread.  The Yeast Free Bread Mix can be used to make pita chips, dinner rolls, hamburger and hot dog buns, herbed olive bread, pancakes, waffles, wraps and flatbread, cinnamon raisin bread and more.

The mix will stay fresh for two years.  It can also be purchased in 25 lb. bulk bags.  The website is Breads from Anna.  I actually e-mailed Anna with a question about whether to use almond milk or water. Her response was swift and she did suggest using almond milk over water in the bread mix.

Here is a photo of the loaf of bread.  You can see from the picture that it does rise quite a bit, just like a normal loaf.

Yeast Free Bread from Breads from Anna
I also made a tuna sandwich using Vegenaise.



Breads from Anna has other yeast free items.  I bought the pie crust mix to try.  I'll tell you how I like it in another blog.  Until then, happy yeast free living!

Comments