Yeast-Free Egg Muffins

Happy New Year!  I'm excited about 2017!  I am starting this year with a commitment to eating yeast-free as much as possible.  I got a bit off from my good health habits over the last year and a half.  I think that planning in advance what I am going to eat is crucial to success.  I try to think about my week in advance before I shop.  That way I will buy just what I need, and I won't be throwing away food.  I sometimes get too overzealous in my buying of produce, only to have plans change. Then when I am ready to cook, it is no longer fresh.  I have also tried to make some meals in advance.  It is great to come home from work and just have to heat things up for the evening meal.

A few Sundays ago, I made these eggs in a muffin tin.  I saw several of these recipes come across my Facebook page and Pinterest.  I modified the recipes I found to fit a yeast-free diet.




First preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Next, find your muffin tin that you may not have used in awhile!  I sprayed each cup with cooking spray so they would not stick.  I placed fresh spinach leaves in the bottom of the cup.  I cut grape tomatoes into slices and placed them on top of the spinach. Then I poured liquid egg whites into each cup.  I poured the egg whites until I saw them come right up to the top, being careful not to overflow.  Season with sea salt and pepper.  Bake for 20-25 minutes.

This is a great grab-and-go breakfast for those hectic mornings.  I ate two as soon as they came out of the oven on Sunday.  Then I stored the rest of the egg muffins in the refrigerator in the muffin tin covered with plastic wrap for the rest of the week.  I had two each morning that week.  They reheat great in the microwave in a matter of seconds.  I would not keep them any longer than 5 days in the refrigerator.  The recipe I modified said you can also freeze the egg muffins and reheat them later.  I haven't tried that yet.  You could also put 2-3 egg muffins in storage containers to make it more of a grab-and-go breakfast.  Just grab a storage container and go!  If desired, you could heat the egg muffins in the workplace microwave.

You can be as creative as your want with the egg muffins.  Add peppers, asparagus, onion, etc. to the cups. Whisk together 12 eggs or use a liquid egg substitute.  Have some precooked spinach (maybe from the previous night's dinner) or avocado on the side.  I hope you enjoy this recipe!

After dealing with the loss of my beloved nephew and sweet collie over the last year and a half, I wanted to leave readers with a quote I found that really helped me.  When it says "move on and leave it behind me", I interpret that as I will never lose the love I feel for them, just that I have to move forward with life.  Michael, my nephew, would want me to be happy.  He would have been the first to "like" this post today because he was all about healthy eating.  Happy 2017 everyone!




Comments