Yeast-Free Two-Ingredient Banana Pancakes

I hate to tell you, but it is 80 degrees in Orlando, Florida right now!  And it is 6:20 pm EST!  Spring is already here!  It is such a gorgeous time of year.  I enjoy sitting outside on the patio with my puppy, Milo.  I really have to watch him since he wanders around the yard looking for sticks, acorns, and bark to chew!  He certainly keeps me busy.

This morning I woke up, took Milo for a long walk, and then started thinking about my breakfast.  I had an overripe banana, so I thought I would make 2-Ingredient Banana Pancakes.  I saw a recipe for these pancakes online a long time ago, but it recently came across the weekly email I receive from The Kitchen.  www.thekitchn.com  This is one of my favorite websites for healthy recipes.

Basically, as the title of the recipe says, there are two ingredients for the pancakes.  They are gluten-free, dairy free, and of course, yeast-free!

Ingredients:

1 medium ripe banana

2 large eggs


Optional extras:

1/8 tsp. baking powder, for added fluffiness
1/8 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. vanilla
1/2 cup nuts
1 cup fresh fruit (blueberries, raspberries, blackberries, etc.)
Butter, oil, or a cooking spray such as Pam for the pan
Truvia (Stevia) instead of maple syrup or honey

My Extras: Baking soda, Vanilla, Truvia


Instructions:

1.  Mash the banana with a fork.  You should have no large lumps; small lumps are okay.

2.  Add extra ingredients.

3.  Whisk the eggs and add to the batter.  Note:  The consistency is different than regular pancakes.  Don't worry!  They are yummy!

4.  Heat the pan or griddle over medium heat.  Add the butter, oil, or cooking spray.

5.  Drop about 2 tablespoons of batter into the pan or onto the griddle.

6.  Cook for about 1 minute.  The edges will be brown, but the middle will be loose.

7.  Flip the pancakes.  Note:  Use a thin spatula to flip the pancakes.  Sometimes I use two spatulas to flip them.

8.  Cook for another minute or so.  You can flip the pancakes again, if needed.

9.  Serve the pancakes warm.

Cooking the pancakes!

The final product! Notice the fresh Florida strawberries!

Milo thought they smelled great!




I forgot that my placemat contained these words:
Inspire, Imagine, Dream, Achieve
Perfect for a Spring-like day!

The recipe says you could also put the bananas and eggs in a blender and make slightly larger pancakes.  They would come out more like a crepe!  That would give you even more options for this recipe.  Let me know if you try the pancakes.



















































































































































































































































































































































































Comments