Shopping at Fresh Market and a Beautiful Cookbook!

Now that I'm retired from teaching, I have more time to shop and find delicious yeast-free items to eat or use in recipes.  A few weeks ago, I went to Fresh Market located at 1500 North Mills Avenue in Orlando. I love that store!  There is plenty of parking, beautiful fresh flowers, and so many healthy items on their shelves.  I have taken advantage of $2.99 Chicken and Chuck Tuesdays.  This is the day each week that there is fresh ground chuck, as well as all-natural, 99% fat free chicken breasts for $2.99 a pound.  The chicken breasts also come from chickens that are fed an antibiotic-free, 100% vegetarian diet.  The selections are already wrapped for you and ready to go!  No waiting!  I usually buy enough to stock my freezer.

I also LOVE their salsa.  The ingredients are tomatoes, onions, jalapenos, lime juice, garlic, salt, and cilantro.  Nothing else!  That is about as healthy as you can get in a jar.  And, it is delicious!

Salsa jar

Nutrition Facts and Ingredients

Cute description!

One way I like to use salsa is on a salad.  Because of its moistness, it serves as a salad dressing.  No need for olive oil.  I have to give credit to my sister for that tip! 


This salad is so fast and easy to make.  It contains shredded lettuce, chopped onion, 1/2 cup of black beans, cherry tomatoes (halved), topped with Fresh Market Salsa.  If you are counting Freestyle points on Weight Watchers, this salad is Zero Points! It is a great meal to eat for lunch if you know you are going out for dinner with family or friends.

One thing that I do is read a lot of cooking blogs.  I scan them for recipes that I can use or substitute yeast-free ingredients and still have them taste great.  One of my favorite blogs is by Jessica Merchant.  She is the creator of How Sweet Eats.  I subscribe to her blog and receive an email nearly every day with recipes.  She also has a feature once a week called "Current Crushing On" in which she scans the internet for interesting recipes, organizing tips, advice, etc.  I love all of the inspiration I receive from her blog.  Today is a big day because Jessica's cookbook, The Pretty Dish, finally arrived!  I pre-ordered her cookbook a few weeks ago.  It is even more than what I expected.  Every recipe has a gorgeous picture.  I can hardly wait to read every word!

Isn't the cover beautiful?

I hope you will check out Jessica's blog and her new cookbook.  It is available many places including Amazon and Barnes & Noble.

One last thing for today.  I can't resist sharing this cute picture of Milo at the dog park.  He looks so regal, like he owns the place.  Milo makes me laugh all the time.  Well, since he's a puppy, he sometimes makes me cry, too, but mostly laugh!

Have a wonderful week!


www.freshmarket.com
#freshmarket
#weightwatchersfreestyle
#zeropoints
www.howsweeteats.com
#theprettydish






Comments