Trader Joe's Cauliflower Pizza Crust

I recently tried Trader Joe's Cauliflower Pizza Crust.  You can find it in their frozen food section.  I have a homemade cauliflower pizza crust on my blog (see March 26, 2015 entry).  That particular cauliflower pizza crust follows the yeast-free diet completely.  The Trader Joe's Cauliflower Pizza Crust lists cauliflower as its main ingredient followed by corn flour, water, cornstarch, potato starch, olive oil, and salt.  Corn flour, cornstarch, and potato starch are normally ingredients that you are to use minimally or avoid on a yeast-free diet.  This cauliflower pizza crust is gluten free, but I want to emphasize that it is not completely yeast-free.  Depending on where you are in your diet, you may or may not want to use this crust.

Trader Joe's Cauliflower Pizza Crust

Ingredients


The instructions on the box for the cauliflower pizza crust are easy to follow.  Take the crust right out of the freezer, preheat the oven to 450 degrees, remove all packaging, flip it over, and bake it on a sheet pan for 10-12 minutes.  Then you flip it over, and bake it another 10-12 minutes.  The directions say the crust can then go under the broiler for another 4-5 minutes until it is browned.  I put it under the broiler for 2 minutes, and it was perfect.


Ready to go into the oven.


Browned and out of the oven after broiling.


I added sauce and toppings and then placed the pizza under the broiler for 4-5 minutes. I used 365 Organic Pizza Sauce from Whole Foods, Organic Girl Baby Spinach, crumbled goat cheese, onion, and Lucky's Market rotisserie chicken breast.  I do eat goat cheese, but some people may not want to do that on a yeast-free diet.

Pizza sauce, baby spinach, goat cheese, onion


Yummy Chicken!!

Finished pizza!!


The good thing about this crust is that it holds up well, and it is tasty.  I really liked it, and I will buy it again. Because it is not totally yeast-free, I would have it occasionally.  There are 80 calories for 1/6 of a crust, and the total sugars are less than 1 gram.

Nutritional Information


Ready to eat!!

Milo wants some pizza, too!  Love that face!

I hope you try Trader Joe's Cauliflower Pizza Crust, and enjoy it as much as I did!

Comments