Maple Raspberry Overnight Oats Yeast Free!

This week on the blog I am featuring another recipe from The Pretty Dish by Jessica Merchant.  Even if you have tried overnight oats before that were lackluster, I'm here to tell you that the Maple Raspberry Overnight Oats are fabulous!  I only had to make a few changes in the recipe to make them follow the Candida diet, and the flavor was not compromised at all.  The dish itself takes very little time to make the night before.  Then the next morning while your coffee is brewing or with your first cup, you can finish the oats in no time.

First of all, I made them with raspberries, but you can substitute strawberries or blackberries.  I used steel cut oatmeal instead of old-fashioned oats.  I substituted Truvia brown sugar blend for the maple syrup.  (I know that is the sad part.)  I used unsweetened vanilla almond milk for this recipe.

Ingredients:

1 cup old-fashioned rolled oats (I used Bob's Red Mill Steel Cut Oats.)
1 cup milk (I used unsweetened vanilla almond milk)
1-1/2 tablespoons maple syrup, plus extra for drizzling (I used 3/4 tablespoon of Truvia brown sugar  blend, plus a little extra.)
1 tablespoon chia seeds
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1-3/4 cups fresh raspberries, divided
1/4 cup toasted sliced almonds

Directions:

1.  The night before, in a bowl, stir together the oats, milk, 1/2 tablespoon of Truvia brown sugar blend, the chia seeds, and vanilla until combined.  Put it in the refrigerator until morning.

2.  In the morning, mash the 1-3/4 cups of raspberries with the remaining 1/4 tablespoon of Truvia brown sugar blend.  Be sure to taste the raspberry mixture.  If you feel it needs more brown sugar, feel free to add more. (Note:  Keep a few whole raspberries to place on top.)  Divide the mashed raspberries between two glasses.

3. Next, scoop the overnight oats into both glasses on top of the mashed raspberries.  If you'd like an even creamier consistency, you can add a splash of milk here.  (Note:  I did this because the steel cut oats really soak up the almond milk overnight.)

4.  Add the whole raspberries, some almonds on top, and a little more Truvia brown sugar, if desired.  It is ready to be served!


Maple Raspberry Overnight Oats with Jake Stanley!

Didn't they turn out beautiful?  I loved them.  I had one for breakfast that morning, and put the other in the refrigerator with plastic wrap on top for the next morning.  It was still perfect the next day!!  The steel cut oats lend a granola-type consistency similar to grape nuts.  I really liked it, plus it is so healthy.  They would be a perfect addition to a brunch, too.

You may have noticed a little guy in my picture with the cookbook and the overnight oats.  That is Jake Stanley, also known as Flat Stanley.  Jake Stanley has been visiting me this week from Wisconsin.  He was so helpful in the kitchen when I was making the oats!  Thanks, Jake!  We have gone on other adventures this week in Orlando.  I hope he has enjoyed his time with me, and much as I have with him. The real Jake will be visiting me in July, so it will be a lot of fun to talk about the project then!

I hope you will try the overnight oats. Feel free to send me a photo.

#theprettydish
#howsweeteats

Jake Stanley on a walk with Milo!



Comments

  1. I have been enjoying The Pretty Dish recipe book! The Maple Rasberry Oats were delicious! I kept the maple syrup and added Wild Boreal blueberries frozen from Canada which are free of pesticides and under 3.00 per bag at Trader Joe's.
    Next I am going to try Coconut Curry Braised Chicken Skillet. The blueberries and curry are supposed to help with memory issues if anyone has this issue ...like me!
    I'm loving these recipes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’m so happy you are enjoying the cookbook. I will look for those blueberries the next time I go to Trader Joe’s. The Coconut Curry Braised Chicken Skillet sounds wonderful! Let me know how it turns out! There is also a FB group called “The Pretty Dish Book Club!” where members share what they have made from the cookbook. It is another fun addition to having the cookbook! 😀

      Delete
    2. Hey LaDonne! I saw the FB group after I had posted this but will use it the next time!

      Delete
    3. Hey LaDonne! Yes saw that FB group after I posted this will use next time!

      Delete

Post a Comment