Atlanta Road Trip to Attend Jessica Merchant's Book Signing!

Surprise!  I actually met Jessica Merchant, author of The Pretty Dish, the cookbook and recipes I have been featuring on my blog.  I found out that she was going to be in Atlanta for a book signing at Eagle Eye Book Shop on May 19th.  So, accompanied by my sister (who is also a fan) we set out on a 4-day weekend to Atlanta.  The definite highlight of the weekend was the book signing.  Jessica is as down-to-earth in person as she is in her blog.  She is very humble, especially about her photography, which everyone there absolutely LOVED!  Jessica was able to tell us how #theprettydish came to be published, how her readers were able to vote on her cover, and the ins and outs of blogging and styling for food photography.  I loved every minute.  The best moment was the actual book signing and meeting her. 


A Great Moment



I have to give a shout out to Eagle Eye Book Shop.  I loved the bookstore.  It had great sales, as well as a wonderful selection of new books.  I bought my first summer reading book there, The High Tide Club by Mary Kay Andrews.  Ms. Andrews is actually going to be speaking at the Aurora Theater on Sunday, June 3rd at 6:00 p.m. if you are in the Atlanta area.  The event is free and is sponsored in conjunction by the Gwinnett County Public Library.

One more thing!  Mary Kay Andrews loves to cook and has a cookbook out called The Beach House Cookbook.  I'll have to check it out!


The Perfect Summer Reading Book!!


What have you made lately from The Pretty Dish?  What are you reading this summer?  Let me know!

#theprettydish
#theprettydishbookclub
#lovinglifeandlivingyeastfree
#marykayandrews
#thehightideclub
#thebeachhousecookbook

Comments