Frozen Watermelon Lime Agua Fresca from How Sweet Eats

I was looking for a mocktail that had watermelon, would be refreshing, and had just a few ingredients.  Of course, I went to Jessica Merchant's website How Sweet Eats and found exactly what I wanted!  The recipe is called "Frozen Watermelon Lime Agua Fresca" and it was published on her blog/website on June 22, 2017.

Here is the recipe:
  • 1/2 large watermelon, seeded and cubed (about 4 cups)
  • 1/2 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
  • 1 teaspoon freshly grated lime zest, plus extra for topping
  • 3 tablespoons sugar (I left it out.  You could use Truvia if you need more sweetness.  I would start with one packet and then add more, if necessary.)
  • Pinch of salt
  • 4 cups of ice
For serving:
  • lime wedges
  • watermelon wedges
Directions:
  • Place the watermelon, lime juice and zest, sugar (Truvia), salt and ice in a blender.  Blend until you have a slushy consistency and the mixture is cold and frozen.  Again, you can taste and add more sugar if desired.
  • Pour into glasses and top with a sprinkle of freshly grated lime zest.  Add a lime wedge and watermelon slice.  Serve immediately.
Isn't it beautiful?!?!
This recipe serves four.  When I made my mocktail, I made 1/2 of a batch.  I do not have a high powered blender, and my drink turned out frozen and slushy.  
 
This mocktail is as refreshing as it looks. It is so delicious and would go with any summer event.  Of course your family and friends could always add a little silver tequila to their batch to make it a true summer cocktail.  That is the beauty of yeast-free living.  We can still have great tasting drinks, just minus the alcohol. 

Of course, I had mine while I was watching Milo in the backyard.  My grass is so green now from all of the rain.  My flowers are blooming, too.  After this photo was taken, Milo ran by the planter of flowers, took a mouthful of them and ran away as fast as he could!  Puppies!

Milo enjoying the sunshine in the backyard!

I hope you will try the Frozen Watermelon Lime Aqua Fresca.  I plan on sharing more mocktails this summer.  Have a wonderful week!

Comments