Motivation Monday!

I started reading the book, Girl, Wash Your Face by Rachel Hollis this morning.  The second chapter titled "The Lie:  I'll Start Tomorrow" really spoke to me.  It was all about how you tell yourself you are going to start walking every day, and then about the third day something happens and you skip that day, the next, and the next, and so on.  She went on to say when she made promises to herself, she does not break them.  That really spoke to me.

I bought some fall flowers on Saturday to plant, and I had a new fall decoration to put outside.  I knew I would not have time Saturday or Sunday to plant them.  Today I realized I was trying to talk myself out of planting them. Then I read that chapter "The Lie:  I'll Start Tomorrow", and it became clear to me that I was breaking a promise I made to myself.  I rarely break a promise to a family member or friend.  I don't even break an unspoken promise to my dog, Milo, that I will walk him at least 30 minutes a day.  But, I think nothing of breaking a promise to myself.  Hmmmmm.  So, when I finished the chapter, I went outside and planted all of my plants and hung up my new fall decoration.  And how did I feel when I finished that project?  I felt great, and definitely had a sense of accomplishment!  So, I'm going to make this a goal for myself.  How about you?


Comments