Quick Sesame Ramen Noodles adapted from The Pretty Dish

I've always enjoyed the comfort of eating a package of ramen noodles.  They are inexpensive and delicious.  I adapted this recipe to make it yeast free.  The original recipe comes from The Pretty Dish cookbook by Jessica Merchant.  It does not use the seasoning packet that comes with the soup.  Instead, different seasonings are added, and it is so good.  It has gotten rave reviews from members of The Pretty Dish Facebook page you can join if you have purchased the cookbook.  This recipe makes 2 servings.

Ingredients:

  • 1 package ramen noodles, flavor packet discarded (I used Millet & Brown Rice Raman by Lotus Foods.  It is gluten free and has reduced sodium.)
  • 1 tablespoon coconut oil
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1/2 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
  • 1 tablespoon brown sugar (I used 1-1/2 teaspoons of Truvia Brown Sugar Blend.)
  • 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce (I used 2 tablespoons of Tamari, which is gluten free soy sauce)
  • 1 tablespoon rice vinegar (I did not use this.)
  • 1 teaspoon chili garlic paste (I used Thai Kitchen's red curry paste.)
  • 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
  • 2 scallions, thinly sliced
  • Toasted sesame seeds, for sprinkling

Directions:

1.  Cook the ramen noodles according to the directions on the package.
2.  While the noodles are cooking, melt the coconut oil over medium-low heat in a skillet.
3.  Stir in the garlic and ginger.  Cook for 1 minute.
4.  Stir in the sugar, tamari, and red curry paste.
5.  Turn off the heat and stir in the sesame oil.  
6.  Add the cooked noodles to the skillet and toss well.
7.  Serve the noodles with lots of scallions and sesame seeds on top.

Yummy!!

These are the ramen noodles I used.

As you can see, I also added chicken breast to my ramen noodles to make it more of a meal.  It truly is as delicious as it looks.  I hope you will try this!

I ran across these pictures of Milo from a year ago when I brought him home.  I forget how cute and little he was!  Puppies sure grow up quickly!  He still has endless energy, but he really likes to jump up on my lap with his two front paws for his "love time".  When he was a puppy, he would just squirm out of my lap, and run to his latest adventure.  I guess with some maturity, he realizes that a lap is a great place to be!

The three-hour ride to my house!

Sleepy Milo!



Home Sweet Home!

Comments