What Are You Reading?

Do you listen to audio books? I do in the car and while I do housework.  It is a great way, I have found, to use time wisely. I feel like I am accomplishing something while I run errands, drive to my mother’s home to take her to appointments, and do mundane cleaning tasks.

I have completed three audio books so far this month:  The Summer I Met Jack by Michelle Gable, which I previously mentioned on a post, Ghosted by Rosie Walsh, and All Your Perfects by Colleen Hoover.

The Summer I Met Jack was a very long audio book.  Although I enjoyed the book, the ending left me a bit unsatisfied. 

I really enjoyed Ghosted.  If you like twists in plots, this would be a great read.  The narrator for this audio book is easy to listen to (English accent), and the main character, Sarah, is endearing. 

All Your Perfects by Colleen Hoover has been my favorite book so far this month that I have completed.  It is my favorite Colleen Hoover book and that is saying a lot because I enjoyed November 9 and It Ends With Us.  The couple in the book has a struggle that they try to overcome.  Both of the characters Quinn and Graham are well-developed.  The narrator for this book is top notch.

So, what am I reading now?  I am 54% of the way through (according to Goodreads) An Absolutely Remarkable Thing by Hank Green.  I am enjoying this book.  The main character, April May, stumbles upon a sculpture in New York City, and the plot thickens from there.  It is a hardback and I purchased it from Barnes and Noble as their book club choice this month.  Right now it is #3 on the New York Times Best Sellers List for Hardcover Fiction Books. 

I started listening to Where the Crawdads Sing by Delia Owens.  I used my monthly credit on Audible to get this book.  This book is the kind that you just sink your heart into while you read or in my case listen. Kya is the main character and she is known in town as the "Marsh Girl".  The book tells the story of Kya's life in the marsh and flash forwards to an event in the future.  The narrator is gifted in that she speaks with the dialect of the marsh, adding to the realism of the story. 

This is what I have read or am reading so far this month!
What are you reading?

Comments