Holiday Reading

This is a post I've been excited to share!  Holiday Reading!  I've been collecting books over the past month or so that I could read during December and January.  Some are hardbacks, some are on my Kindle, and I have one audiobook.  So here goes!

I'm excited to read these books!

I received The Christmas Letters by Lee Smith as a gift.  I like the idea of reading about Christmas letters when they were true letters and not computer generated.

My Bible Study group is reading The 13th Gift by Joanne Huist Smith.  We are having a tea next week and will be discussing the book.  So excited for that!

I selected Elin Hilderbrand's Winter in Paradise as a Book of the Month Choice a few months ago.  She is one of my favorite authors.  I have been saving this book to read over the holidays.

Elin Hilderbrand also wrote a series of four holiday books between 2014 and 2017.  I have never read any of them.  So, I am going to try my best to read the series between now and the end of January.  The order is Winter Street, Winter Stroll (pictured above), Winter Storms, and Winter Solstice.  The other three books are on my Kindle.



Last, but certainly not least, I listened to A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens.  This audiobook was performed by Tim Curry, and it was excellent!  I actually received the audiobook for free in a promotion a long time ago!  I encourage you to either read or listen to this story over the holidays.  It is a Christmas story for the ages.  The story is public domain since it was published in 1843.  You can read it here, courtesy of Project Gutenburg.  I will write more about it in my recap of holiday books later.



So this is what I'm reading over the holiday season.  What are you reading over the holidays?




Comments