Trader Joe's Finds for Holiday Entertaining and Gifts (Not Yeast Free)




Trader Joe's has many great items for holiday entertaining and gifts for friends and family.  I'm going to feature some of my favorites.


One of the new items they have at Trader Joe's are the Cauliflower Pancakes.  They come frozen.  I have not tried them, but I think they would be nice for breakfast or as an appetizer at a party.  They contain Parmesan cheese and sell for $3.99.



I did try the Trader Joe's Autumnal Harvest Creamy Pasta Sauce.  I thought it was delicious!  It does contain heavy cream.  It would be great in a gift basket and sells for $3.49.


I did have the Butternut Squash Ravioli, even though it is not on the Candida plan.  It contains milk and wheat.  It can be kept refrigerated or frozen until it is used.  They are delicious, and I paired it with the Autumnal Harvest Creamy Pasta Sauce.  It sells for $2.99.



The Sweet Potato Gnocchi sounds delicious.  I have not had it yet.  It does contain milk and wheat.  I think it would pair nicely with pork tenderloin.  It sells for $2.99.




I am going to gift these Trader Joe's Organic White Truffle Potato Chips to someone.  At Trader Joe's, their advertising said these chips would go great with champagne on New Year's Eve!  Too bad truffles are not on the Candida plan.  They sell for $2.99.




This Black Truffle Alfredo Past Sauce from Trader Joe's sounds wonderful!  I am going to gift this to someone since truffles are not on the Candida diet.  The pasta sauce sells for $3.99.


I think the Trader Joe's Winter Snowflake Pasta is so cute!  Alas, they are not gluten free.  I think they would pair nicely with the Black Truffle Alfredo Sauce.  I'm gifting several pasta packages to friends.  They sell for $1.99.



Can you believe how beautiful this pasta is?  The Trader Joe's Organic Italian Artisan Pasta Striped Garganelli is not gluten free.  I think it would pair well with the Black Truffle Alfredo Sauce, too.  It sells for $2.99.



The Organic Italian Orecchiette pasta is not a holiday pasta, but I think it is beautiful!  I wish it was gluten free.  I think it would pair well with the Autumnal Pasta Sauce as well as the Black Truffle Alfredo Pasta Sauce.  A package sells for $2.69.


Trader Joe's Blue Cheese Mustard is a new product.  The flavor combination of blue cheese and mustard intrigued me.  Trader Joe's literature says that the mustard is a mix of yellow and Dijon.  They suggest using it as a dip for pretzels and their gluten free breaded chicken nuggets.  It can also be a sandwich spread. This is definitely not on the Candida plan.  A jar sells for $2.99.



I bought these Danish Butter Cookies for my mom.  Although she is not Danish, her Swedish grandparents lived with her family when she was a little girl.  Mom has always enjoyed this type of cookie.  The tin sells for $3.99.



Can you believe these Spirited Fruit Spreads?  They are off plan due to the sugar content and various other ingredients specific to each fruit spread.  However, I think they would make great gifts and could be a wonderful addition to a holiday cheeseboard.  The flavors are Strawberry and Marc de Champagne, Apricot & Brandy, and Fig & Port.  The package of 3 jars sells for $7.99.


I'm gifting these Roasted and Salted Truffle Marcona Almonds.  They would be a great addition to a cheeseboard or just for a snack!  They sell for $5.99.


Trader Joe's Creamy Roasted Cauliflower and Onion Dip is another new holiday item this year.  From the reviews I have read, it is delicious!  It comes frozen.  Again, it could be a great addition to your holiday spread this year at home.  It does contain wheat and milk.  It sells for $3.29.

So there is my Trader Joe's list for the holiday season.  Please keep in mind that these items do not follow the Candida plan, but could be used for gifts or entertaining with family members not on the plan.  I want to try to recreate some of these items so that they are non-dairy and wheat free in the new year.  So, watch for that! 

Comments