Trader Joe's Yeast Free Finds



Trader Joe's - Dr. Phillips Store

I went to Trader Joe's a few times last week.  I was searching for a combination of holiday and regular items that go along with the Candida plan.  I like shopping at the store in Dr. Phillips.  They have a nice, large parking lot!  I have always found the employees to be helpful.  On my first visit there a few years ago, I mentioned I was a teacher, and they gave me a free Trader Joe's reusable shopping bag!  Just look at those palms trees!  So beautiful!




The first holiday item I bought was the Trader Joe's Festively Flavored Coffee Cup Celebration.  I will not give up coffee on the Candida plan.  Just can't do it!  This box contains 20 single serve cups and they are individually wrapped, which I love!  The varieties are chocolate mint, caramel, wintry blend, French vanilla, and gingerbread.  There are four cups of each variety.  I have enjoyed all of them!  This was priced at $9.99, a bargain!




The next holiday item I bought was Trader Joe's Candy Cane Green Tea.  It is delicious and I love the box!  The tea is decaffeinated, too.  It is great to have while I'm reading in the evening.  There are 20 tea bags in the box and it sells for $1.99.  You can also see my photo assistant, Milo, in the background!  Ha Ha!  His little nose was in everything I was doing!




The Trader Joe's Almond Nog is to die for!  I bought some last year, and it was on my list of "must haves" this year!  I have heard that people buy cases of it for the season.  It was $2.99 for 32 ounces.


I do eat goat cheese, so when I saw that Trader Joe's had a Fig Goat Cheese Log, I had to have it!  I haven't tried it yet, but I will over the next few weeks.  It was $4.49.



Now for the regular items!  I bought 16 ounces of brown rice penne pasta.  Who can go wrong at the price of $1.99!  Plus it is organic!



I love Trader Joe's Almond Butter!  I always buy the crunchy and salted version.  It is such a "go to" item.  It is $5.99 for 16 ounces.  I have paid $9.99 for the same amount at other stores.


I have always heard great things about Trader Joe's Chile Lime Seasoning Blend.  I thought I would add it to brown rice, quinoa, chicken, and fish for a "kick".  It does contain citric acid....so, just warning you.  It is $1.99. 




I love Trader Joe's Organic Riced Cauliflower.  I am going to make a stir-fry with this.  I bought some fresh broccoli, snow peas, and water chestnuts to make the stir-fry.  I use Tamari, a gluten free soy sauce substitute.  I may or may not add chicken strips to the meal.  One 12-ounce package is $1.99.




I finally was able to buy the Cauliflower Gnocchi.  It is always been sold out on my past visits to Trader Joe's.  I am going to make a recipe from The Pretty Dish with this.  Stay tuned!  The gnocchi was $2.69 for a 12-ounce package.



Have you tried Himalayan Pink Salt Crystals?  I have been using this salt for a while.  It may be a healthier option to regular salt.  Google it!  The salt sold for $1.99 and it has a grinder!

I also rounded out my healthy shopping spree with some fresh sage ($1.69), six organic bananas for $1.50 (Note: organic bananas are always 25 cents a piece), a green bell pepper ($.79), 2 limes for $.58, 2 lemons for $.98, and two cans of organic pinto beans at $.99 each.

Tomorrow I will do a post on other Trader Joe's holiday items that are not yeast free, but would be awesome gifts.  They would also be perfect for the rest of your family that is not following a yeast free plan. 

I will end with a Milo outtake!  He is just like the boy in junior high that always did things to get your attention!  He wants me to play frisbee with him and quit taking photos!  That's my leather jacket, by the way!!





Comments