A Twist on Gluten Free Oatmeal!

I have been looking at so many blogs lately.  One thing I have noticed is all of the delicious additions to oatmeal for breakfast.  So this will be my first post of the new year--something healthy for breakfast to get the day started on a positive note.

Oatmeal with almond butter, banana, and walnuts!

As you can see, this is a very simple breakfast.  I use Quaker Gluten Free Instant Oatmeal.  It takes 2 minutes to make in the microwave.  I only add water to the oats.  I added one tablespoon of Trader Joe's Almond Butter, one tablespoon of chopped walnuts, and a banana topped with a sprinkle of cinnamon.  You could also add a teaspoon of carob powder, if you want a version that tastes somewhat like a Reese's Peanut Butter Cup!  I used Chatfield's.  If you are counting WW points, it is 8 points.  A teaspoon of the carob powder is zero points.  A tablespoon is an additional point. 



I made it look pretty for the photo, but I mix it all together when I eat.  The flavors are so great together, and the protein in the almond butter makes this a breakfast that will keep you full until lunchtime.

By the way, there were so many fireworks going off in my neighborhood last night, that Milo is sound asleep at 11 am! He has actually been sleeping ever since we came in from our walk this morning, plus he woke me an hour later than normal!  He didn't have anxiety through the fireworks, but he obviously did not sleep well.  Poor little guy!

Happy New Year!!! 


Comments