Gluten Free Banana Bread

I was searching for a gluten free banana bread recipe when I discovered this one on Gimmedelicious.com.  It is absolutely delicious!  I made this for our family Christmas brunch. 

Ingredients:

2 cups Bob's Red Mill wheat free, dairy free, 1 to 1 gluten free baking flour (no xanthan gum needed if this flour is used)
4-5 very ripe bananas mashed (1-1/2 cups)
1/2 cup sugar (I used 1/4 cup of Truvia Cane Sugar Blend.)
1/2 cup butter (1 stick), softened
2 eggs
2 tablespoons milk (I used almond milk)
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2-1 cup chocolate chips (I did not use chocolate chips.)

Directions:

  • Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.  Lightly grease a 9x5 inch loaf pan, set aside.
  • In a large bowl, combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.  Set aside.  In a separate bowl, cream together butter and sugar.  Stir eggs, milk, vanilla, and mashed bananas until well blended.  Stir banana mixture and chocolate chips (if you use them) into flour mixture; stir just to moisten.  Pour batter into prepared loaf pan.
  • Bake in preheated oven for 50 to 55 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into center of the loaf comes out clean.  Let bread cool in pan and then turn out onto a wire rack.  Slice and serve warm.

So delicious and moist!

I just love this banana bread!  My entire family loved it, too!  I will be making this over and over.  I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!





Comments