Monday Motivation for the New Year!







Even though I don't "work" anymore since retirement, I still stay very busy!  The nice thing is that I can pick and choose what I want to do, and I do things I enjoy!  No matter what stage you are in life, each new year brings the anticipation of a "start over".  What have I learned in the past that I can apply to my future?  Over the last few days I used my new Passion Planner to sketch out my Wish List for 3 month goals, 1 year goals, where I see myself in three years, and for a lifetime.  I did some serious thinking, but it was good for me to write everything down so I can go back and refer to it. 

Many of my goals this year concern my home.  There are many things that I would like to do to improve my home, and I hope to have some of them done by the three month mark.  I have an oak tree that needs trimming, I need gutters, and I want to have my house painted (to go with the new roof).  I have dreamed of having a screened-in porch for 20 years, so I hope to have one by the end of the year. 

I've also started a thorough decluttering/cleaning of every room in my home!  Have any of you watched the new Netflix show "Tidying Up with Marie Kondo"?  Oh my gosh!  She is my new favorite person!  I started folding my laundry yesterday using her tips.  She also has a book titled The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up.  I think I like her so much because she is calm.  She has her method, and she knows it will work for anyone's home.  Her mantra is "only keep what gives you joy."  In the end, you will have a home that reflects your joy. 

I'm going to continue to write my blog and improve my photography.  I have expanded my fitness goals to include some stationary bike riding, strength training, as well as walking with Milo.  (That is a given!)  I have a reading goal of 72 books this year, up two from last year.  That is an average of 6 books a month.  I am always reading one book (either hardback or on my Kindle) and listening to one (when I drive to my mom's and when I clean.)

Aside from that I stay busy with Life@UCF, a Bible Study, and of course, taking care of my mother.  I say that last, but right now she is the priority in my life.  Everything else takes a backseat to what she needs.  She is 96 and still lives on her own!  Mom is such a positive person; she never complains about anything.  She even keeps up with the news!  There are so many life lessons to be learned and cherished from a person her age. 

I hope you take some time to think about your goals for the year, if you haven't already done so.  I wish everyone a Happy New Year!

Comments