My Favorite Finds!

Do any of you have the Spotify app?  I downloaded it several months ago when Jessica Merchant, author of The Pretty Dish, included some playlists in her daily blog.  All of her playlists are under "How Sweet Eats", so you can easily search for them and add them to your library.  Examples are HSE Dinner Tonight, Broadway Love, Favorite Covers, Picnic Lunch, Workout Now, HSE Girls Trip, and HSE Road Trip.  She also has summer and holiday playlists.  Starbucks also has numerous playlists available. Their newest is Discovery where they are adding new songs from up-and-coming acts.  My all-time favorite playlist is Reading Chill Out by Spotify.  I can read, write, and even fall asleep to it!  Try them out, and let me know what you think.  If you have any favorites, let me know!

Now for television!  I have cut my television time back because of my reading, but there are a few shows I'm really enjoying right now.  I mentioned this week the show Tidying Up with Marie Kondo on Netflix.  I have watched four episodes now, and I can hardly wait to watch more! 

I'm also watching the second season of The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel.  I love this show!  I love the fashion, the plot, the characters...everything.  It has also been renewed for a third season!  Yay!  It is found on Amazon Prime.  Rachel Brosnahan won the Golden Globe for Actress in a Movie or Comedy last Sunday evening, and Alex Borstein was nominated for Best Supporting Actress.  The series was also nominated for Best Television Series--Musical or Comedy. 

Is anyone watching Dirty John on Bravo?  Oh my gosh!  The season finale is this Sunday at 9:00 pm.  It is worth the time to binge watch the seven previous episodes.  The tv show is based on the podcast of the same name by Christopher Goffard.  It is the true crime story of Debra Newell, played by Connie Britton, who is looking for love online.  She meets John Meehan, played by Eric Bana, and soon her life becomes a complete nightmare.  The story is riveting, and it is one of those shows that you cannot stop watching once you start.  Connie Britton is outstanding, and was nominated for a Golden Globe for Best Performance by an Actress in a Limited Series or Motion Picture Made for Television for her role in Dirty John.

I found these crackers made by Simple Mills at my local Publix.  They are delicious!  In addition, they are gluten-free, vegan, grain free, paleo-friendly, corn free, and soy free, which makes them yeast-free!  The flour used is a nut and seed flour blend of almonds, sunflower, seeds, and flax seeds.  I tried the Fine Ground Sea Salt and the Rosemary & Sea Salt crackers.  They have other flavors, but read the ingredients carefully in case you are dairy-free.

So good!


Yummy!

Comments