Soft Tacos with Homemade Taco Seasoning, Chili Yogurt Sauce & Yeast Free Tortillas!

This blogpost is full of information today about tacos!  You are going to get a great recipe for ground turkey tacos using a homemade taco seasoning.  No taco seasoning packets for this girl anymore!  I'm also going to give you a recipe for a chili Greek yogurt sauce to put on the tacos!  And, if that is not enough, I found some GREAT soft tortillas to make them with that are delicious!

Homemade Tacos!!


Ingredients for Taco Seasoning:

  • 1 tablespoon chili powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
  • 1/2 teaspoon paprika
  • 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon black pepper
You can mix the seasonings together and store in an airtight container.

I added one recipe of the taco seasoning to 1 pound of ground turkey.  I also added 1/2 cup of water to the meat and seasoning to make the meat more moist.  You can add more seasoning and water, if needed.  I found this recipe at The Recipe Critic.


Ingredients for Chili Yogurt Sauce
  • 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 1/8 teaspoon cumin
  • 1/8 teaspoon chili powder
  • 1/8 teaspoon onion powder
Mix together and set aside.  I found this recipe at Cooking for Keeps.


Next, I filled the soft tortillas with the ground turkey mixture, shredded lettuce, diced tomatoes, chili yogurt sauce, and topped them with shredded goat cheese.

I found the shredded goat cheese at Trader Joe's.  (Little things like this make me happy!)

Now for the tortillas!  I am ecstatic that I found a really great grain free tortilla.  The tortillas are made by Siete, the same company that I mentioned in an earlier blog for their tortilla chips. The tortillas are yeast free, paleo, non GMO, gluten free, soy free, dairy free, and vegan.  They come in five varieties:  Almond Flour, Cassava and Coconut, Chickpea Flour, Cashew Flour, and Cassava and Chia.  

Siete Almond Flour Tortillas
Siete Cassava Flour Tortillas


I have only tried the Almond Flour and the Cassava & Coconut.  Both were delicious.  I heated them exactly the way the directions said to on the package.  I sprayed nonstick spray into a pan and heated one side of the tortilla for 15 seconds.  Then I flipped it, and heated the other side for 15 seconds.  They did not break when I flipped them.  I bought a taco stand, as you can see in my photo, and I filled the tortillas with the ingredients while in the holder.  

It really makes me happy when I find something really great that I can share with everyone.  I have tried so many other tortillas.  They either break or they are not tasty.  These tortillas are a winner!  They are pricey--$9.99 for a package of 6, but I felt at this point, I want a great tasting taco!




Comments