Cousins are Lifelong Friends

Today is going to be a great day! Two of my cousins are coming to visit my sister and me! Jack and Jayne are twins and are my age. My sister and I grew up in the suburbs of Chicago, and Jack and Jayne grew up in Indianapolis. Our mothers were sisters, and our families visited each other every summer! We had so much fun, and we have so many great memories.  I can remember buying day-old roses for our mothers on Mother’s Day, going to Brookfield Zoo, singing along to our player piano, and playing with our childhood dogs, Fella and Ginger.  I’m so happy that as adults we have remained so close! I’m so excited for tonight!



The above photo is Glenna, Jack, Ginger the beagle, me, and Jayne on my Aunt Dorothy’s porch in Indianapolis.  Seems like yesterday!

Comments