A Little Twist on Egg Salad

I love egg salad, especially in the spring.  If you are like me, you have extra eggs in your refrigerator right now that you did not use for Passover or Easter.  This is the perfect recipe to use those eggs!  I have wanted to make this recipe for over a year when I first saw it on How Sweet Eats by Jessica Merchant.  I finally made it, and I'm so glad I did!  There are a few ingredients that make this egg salad special, which I will point out as I go along.  So here goes.....

Ingredients: (Makes 4 servings)

  • 6 hard boiled eggs, peeled and chopped
  • 2-1/2 tablespoons plain Greek yogurt
  • 1-1/2 tablespoons mayonnaise (I used Follow Your Heart Reduced Fat Vegenaise.)
  • 1-1/2 tablespoons dill pickle juice (Off plan, but I used it; you could leave it out)
  • 2 teaspoons sweet relish (Off plan, but I used it; you could leave it out)
  • 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard (I used Eden Foods Organic Brown Mustard.)
  • 3 tablespoons freshly snipped chives, plus extra for topping
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon pepper
  • 1/8 teaspoon smoked paprika
To Serve:

  • Butter lettuce (I used Romaine because my grocery store did not have fresh butter lettuce!)
  • Pickled onions (I'm linking How Sweet Eats recipe for pickled onions here.  I did not make them.)
  • Grainy bread, toasted (I did not use bread; I served it on lettuce.)
  • Smoked sea salt for sprinkling (I used Himalayan Pink Salt Crystals.)

Directions:
  • To make the salad, place the chopped hard boiled eggs in a bowl.  Stir together the yogurt, mayo, pickle juice, relish and mustard.  Gently toss the eggs in the mixture.  Fold in the chives, salt, pepper, and paprika.
  • Top the lettuce with the salad.  Sprinkle it with extra chives and sea salt.

Ready to eat!

Delish!

This egg salad is as delicious as it looks.  The magic ingredient, to me, is the smoked paprika!  If you want to be completely on the Candida plan, you can leave out the pickle juice and relish.  You could add chopped onions and celery.  So go grab those extra eggs in your refrigerator and make this egg salad today!!  Enjoy!! 

Comments