Book Review—Merry and Bright by Debbie Macomber

This morning I finished the delightful Christmas book, Merry and Bright, by Debbie Macomber.  I actually listened to the book in audio form.  I borrowed it from my local public library using the Libby app.  The book is downloaded to my iPhone and iPad, which makes for convenient listening.  Merry and Bright is only 4 hours and  20 minutes long.  I listened to it in the car, as well as while I was doing things around the house.  

This is a very family-oriented story.  The main character Merry Knight, is working as a temp for a large Seattle firm.  Merry has many responsibilities at home helping her mother and brother, too.  Her family is close-knit and has always enjoyed the Christmas season.  Merry enjoys her temporary work, since it is helping her save to finish college.  The only real issue is her Scrooge-like boss who is having the entire company work mandatory overtime to meet a deadline during this hectic Christmas season.  

Mary’s family knows she doesn’t date very much because of all of her responsibilities, so they sign her up for an online dating service.  Her brother uses their dog’s photo for her profile picture.  Mary’s life gets even busier once she meets Jay on the dating app.  

If you are looking for a cute Christmas story that is uplifting and sweet, this book is for you!
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️




Comments