Sautéed Chicken with Lemon-Caper Sauce


This recipe is from WW (formerly Weight Watchers).  It is 5 points on the Blue and Purple plans.  I paired the dinner with roasted Brussels sprouts and garlic cauliflower mash.  It made a delightful lunch and would be perfect for dinner, too. 

Sautéed Chicken with Lemon-Caper Sauce--Prep:  4 min./Cook 15 min./Serves 4

Ingredients:

  • 1/4 cup all-purpose flour (I used King Arthur Flour--Gluten-Free Measure for Measure.)
  • 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
  • 20 oz. skinless boneless chicken thighs (I used thighs.  Using chicken breasts would make the points lower.)
  • 2 teaspoons olive oil
  • 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
  • 1 tablespoons lemon juice
  • 1-1/2 tablespoons capers
  • 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
  • 1/2 lemon, sliced
Instructions:
  • On a sheet of wax paper, combine flour and black pepper.  Coat chicken with flour mixture.
  • In a large skillet over medium heat, warm oil.  Add chicken; cook, turning once, until browned and cooked through, about 10 minutes.  Transfer to a plate.
  • To skillet, add broth and bring to a boil, stirring to scrape up browned bits from bottom of pan.  Cook until broth is reduced slightly, about 3 minutes.  Return chicken to skillet.  Reduce heat to low; simmer, covered, until chicken is heated through, about 2 minutes.  Stir in lemon juice and capers.  Garnish with parsley and lemon slices.  Divide chicken among 4 plates.  Drizzle with sauce.
Note:  Serving size:  1 chicken thigh and 1-1/2 tablespoons of sauce.



Sautéed Chicken with Lemon Caper Sauce Served with
Garlic Cauliflower Mash and Roasted Brussels Sprouts

I roasted the Brussels sprouts at 475 degrees for 12-15 minutes.  This made them extra crispy.  I cut them in half and put 1-2 tablespoons of olive oil on them and sprinkled them with salt and pepper.  At 6 minutes I turned the Brussels sprouts.  They were done in 12 minutes.  Sprinkle with more salt, if desired, and serve immediately.

To make the garlic cauliflower mash, I bought already riced cauliflower.  I microwaved it according to the package, which was 4 minutes.  I took out as much of the moisture as possible.  I placed the cooked cauliflower in a blender.  (My blender is not a high speed blender.)  I added 1 smashed clove of garlic and 1 tablespoon of olive oil to the cauliflower.  Next, I added salt and pepper to taste.  Mix at a high speed on your blender until creamy and serve immediately.

I hope you enjoy this healthy recipe!  Sometimes during the holiday season, this is exactly what one needs!

Comments