An Oatmeal Bowl Packed with Goodness!

Some mornings are meant for oatmeal!  This week I added some healthy goodness to my normal oatmeal and banana/blueberry routine.  I love old-fashioned oatmeal (gluten-free, too)!  To my oatmeal I added:
  • A few drops of vanilla extract
  • A few drops of coconut extract
  • Half of a banana
  • Two strawberries
  • 7 Blackberries
  • 1 tablespoon chia seeds
  • 1 tablespoon unsweetened coconut
  • 1 tablespoon pepitas
  • 1 tablespoon almond butter 
The photo I took shows the oatmeal deconstructed so you can see all of the components.  But I mixed  the ingredients up when I ate it so I was able to taste all of the flavors in each bite!  It was delicious!  The pepitas really add a great crunch, too!  The almond butter adds that great bit of protein.  Of course, you can leave out some of the ingredients or add your own.  Be creative and enjoy!



Comments