Book Review—Oona Out of Order by Margarita Montimore

I have to say that The Time Traveler’s Wife by Audrey Niffenegger is my favorite time travel book.  I think every time travel book I read after that one will be a hard act to follow.  Maybe that is why I had difficulty with Oona Out of Order by Margarita Montimore.   

Oona is 18-years-old when she first time travels on New Year’s Eve, which happens to be her birthday.  She only stays in each year she travels to for one year.  Maybe it was the constant moving from one time frame to the next that made it difficult for me to connect with her character.  The other thing that bothered me about the book is there are many unanswered questions. It is obvious that there will be a sequel to this book, but to me, major plot lines were just left hanging for the reader.  

The one thing that I did takeaway from this book is to live each year of your life to its fullest.  Oona could not spend six months of her precious year being upset about what just happened or what is to come.  She just had to live each year to the max as it came, even if it was out of order.  That, to me, was the message of the book, and one that is appropriate for the present time.

⭐️⭐️⭐️  1/2 out of 5 stars



Comments