Monday Motivation!!


Since I’m home, I’m starting to go through each room of my house and do deep cleaning!  I am using the method of keep, throwaway, or donate.  I will have my boxes ready to donate when I can do that again.  I’m going to start with one room, do that room, and move on to the next.  Writing this in a blog will make me accountable, too.  This is the method my sister and I used to declutter our mom’s house, and it works.  But doing it as one person is more difficult because of distractions.

I found this article with a lot of good tips!!  Get Motivated to Clean the House

Here are some tips that I use.

  • There are playlists for upbeat cleaning music on Spotify.
  • I like listening to podcasts or audiobooks, too!  On Stitcher, which is the platform I use to listen to podcasts, there are a number of them devoted to cleaning motivation and the best tools you can use.
  • Watch some episodes of Tidying Up on Netflix with Marie Kondo.
  • I like to visualize what my room will look like when I am finished.
  • I also use checklists and check off my progress.  I break down each room into chunks, such as coffee table, organize books, etc.  My sister bought me this Check It Off book to use.  It is so cute and motivating.  
  • Use a timer.  Some websites encourage chunks of 15 minutes.  I usually set my timer for 15 minutes, but once I’m in the zone of cleaning, I keep working.
  • Take breaks when needed.  I have water or coffee breaks, sit on the patio breaks and watch the birds at my bird feeder, pet my dog breaks or walk my dog breaks. Milo has been my constant Coronavirus companion!





I hope these tips help you get started on cleaning or other projects you have been wanting to complete at your home.  Let me know what other tips have helped you stay motivated to clean.  Have a wonderful week!!

Comments