April 2020 Reading

I managed to read 11 books this month!  Between cooking, cleaning, and walking the dog, I spent my extra time reading.  I did cut back watching tv this month, and I only went to the grocery store a few times.  I still need to write reviews on The Secrets We Kept, The Library Book, and Modern Lovers, which will be soon.  Reviews on The Unshakable Woman will come after I finish the workbook exercises that go along with the book.  I am reading the follow-up book to The Reporter Who Knew Too Much, which is Denial of Justice.  Both books are by Mark Shaw, and I want to review both at the same time.  They concern what famous reporter Dorothy Kilgallen knew about the JFK assassination and her mysterious death.  Fascinating, to say the least!


April 2020 Books

So in May I am planning to read Conjure Woman by Afia Atakora for B&N Book Club (April’s selection), The Vacationers by Emma Straub, and Denial of Justice by Mark Shaw, all of which I have started.  For Spivey’s Club, we are reading Big Summer by Jennifer Weiner, Beach Read by Emily Henry, and Clap When You Land by Elizabeth Acevedo.  For the newly established Jessica’s Book Club, for fans of the How Sweet Eats blog, we are reading The Happy Ever After Playlist by Abby Jimenez.  I would like to read A Gentleman in Moscow and Eve in Hollywood both by Amor Towles, and the thriller, A Good Marriage by Kimberly McCreight.  It should be a great month of reading!  What are you reading?

Comments