Lemon-Mint Ice Cubes for a Hot Day!

Today’s blog is more of a tip than a recipe, but one I think you will love.  Last week I had a lot of leftover mint after I made that delicious Strawberry Watermelon Cucumber Salad.  So, I decided to freeze the leftover mint and lemon into ice cubes!  If you use the silicone ice cube trays, like I did when I froze the rosé for the Lemonade Frozé, you can remove the cubes easily.  I also like that the trays have a top, so there is no spillage when walking to the freezer with the trays.  

To make the cubes, just cut the mint and lemons to fit inside each compartment.  Then fill the tray with water and freeze overnight.  

Relief from the heat!



Out of the freezer


Icy!!

Milo, my photography assistant!

The Lemon-Mint Ice Cubes make water so refreshing!  It is like being at a spa!  These ice cubes are perfect for a party, an afternoon visit with your friends, a bridal/baby shower (when we can have them!) or most importantly for you and your family now!  They are a nice touch on a hot, summer day.  Experiment with various fruits and herbs!  Enjoy!!

Comments