Strawberry Watermelon Cucumber Salad

Look at this salad! It is as refreshing and tasty as it looks!  It is simple to make and would be perfect for the summer!

Summer Watermelon Cucumber Salad
Prep. Time: 15 min.  Servings: 8

Ingredients:
  • 4 cups cubed watermelon
  • 3 cups sliced strawberries
  • 1 English seedless cucumber, chopped
  • 1/4 cup roughly chopped mint leaves
  • 1 tablespoon olive oil
  • Juice of 1 lime
  • 1 to 2 teaspoons honey
  • Sea salt, to taste
  • 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
  • Mint leaves for garnish, optional
Instructions:
  1. In a large bowl, combine the watermelon, strawberries, cucumber, and mint leaves.
  2. In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lime juice, and honey. Drizzle over the salad and gently stir until salad is coated. Season with sea salt, to taste.
  3. Top with crumbled feta cheese and additional mint leaves, if desired. Serve.

The fresh mint flavor makes this salad special.  The fragrance of mint always brings me back to my childhood in the Chicago area.  Our next door neighbors, Shirley and Ronnie, had a garden.  One day Shirley took me to see her garden and showed me the mint she was growing.  She even let me pick some leaves!  Whenever I think of mint, I think of that sweet memory.  I hope you will try this delicious salad.  You could even add some blueberries to it for a family July 4th celebration!  Enjoy!

Recipe is from Two Peas and their Pod



Comments