Book Review—The Last Flight by Julie Clark

I have not read a thriller since January.  So when I had heard rumblings that The Last Flight by Julie Clark was a fantastic thriller, I bought it from Book of the Month in June.  I’m so glad that I made that purchase!   Many other people must like the novel, too, because currently it is in the top ten on the New York Times Best Sellers List.

The novel begins by introducing the reader to Claire Cook.  Claire has married into a family that is a political dynasty, and her husband, Rory, is going to announce his campaign for Senate soon.  But, Claire’s life is not as picture-perfect as it seems, since Rory is a cruel husband.  Claire makes elaborate plans to leave Rory and disappear.  However, at the last minute, her plans change and she finds herself in the airport with a ticket to Puerto Rico.  At an airport bar, she meets Eva, who is as desperate as Claire is to start her life anew.  They decide to switch tickets and identification.  Claire now heads to Oakland, California and Eva is on her way to Puerto Rico.  Claire assumes Eva’s identity, and with it, all of her secrets and danger.

I could not put this book down!  It is so suspenseful and well-written.  I thought I had the book all figured out, but I didn’t.  This book is perfect summer reading!  I highly recommend The Last Flight by Julie Clark.

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️/5

Comments