Simple Summer Salad with Garlic Expressions Dressing!

I love a simple, healthy salad for lunch.  This salad is great to beat the Florida heat and is packed with fresh veggies and plant-based protein.  This salad reminds me a lot of the salad I would make for our family for dinner.  My mom would often ask me to make the salad.  It was made of iceberg lettuce, radishes, cucumbers, tomatoes, and carrot slices.  We would top the salad with various dressings.  We all seemed to have different tastes from blue cheese, to French, to ranch.  This salad is a take on our family salad.

Simple Summer Salad—Serves 1

Ingredients:
  • 1 to 1-1/2 cups Romaine lettuce
  • 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced
  • 1/4 cup green olives, sliced
  • 1/2 can garbanzo beans, drained
  • 1/2 cup cucumbers, sliced
  • 1/2 cup radishes, sliced
  • 1 teaspoon oregano
  • Salt and pepper, to taste
  • 1 tablespoon Garlic Expressions dressing
Instructions:
  1. Place lettuce in a large salad bowl.
  2. Top with tomatoes, olives, beans, cucumbers, and radishes.
  3. Sprinkle oregano on the salad.
  4. Add salt and pepper.
  5. Top with Garlic Expressions dressing.
  6. Toss and enjoy!

Like I said, this is a simple salad! You may even have most of the ingredients at home.  I’ve been following Courtney Holsworth at A Life From Scratch on Instagram.  Courtney is from the Chicago suburbs, like I am, and I love the way she cooks for her family.  Courtney sprinkles oregano on all of her salads.  I started doing that one little thing, and it adds so much flavor to a salad!  She also mentioned that she used Garlic Expressions dressing on her salads.  It contains apple cider vinegar! Yay!  So I tried it, and I love it.  Garlic Expressions is readily available around the country.  I bought mine at my neighborhood Publix.

I hope you will try Simple Summer Salad with Garlic Expressions dressing! Enjoy!


Simple Summer Salad!

Comments