September 2020 Reading Wrap-Up

Another wonderful month of reading has come and gone.  Here are some of the highlights this month:

I loved Universe of Two! This love story set during WWII gives you the feelings of the American homefront during the war, as well as the clash of values the scholars working on the Manhattan Project faced. It is the first Stephen P. Kiernan novel I have read, and I’m going to read The Baker’s Secret in October. 

28 Summers is probably my favorite Elin Hilderbrand book. I loved the “same time next year” theme. I included a Bacon and Blue Cheese Dip in my review of the book! I just bought Troubles in Paradise, the last book in her ‘What Happens in Paradise?’ series to read soon.

I began reading all of Fiona Davis’s books last month. I only have her current book, The Lions of Fifth Avenue left to read. Ms.Davis picks an iconic New York City building, does research, and then writes a mystery story concerning the building. 

Rounding out the month, I read the The Silent Patient by Alex Michaelides, which was so fast-paced and thrilling, Party of Two by Jasmine Guillory, the last book in ‘The Wedding Date’ series, and Pretty Good Advice by Leslie Blodgett. I will be reviewing Pretty Good Advice soon, as well as The Chelsea Girls by Fiona Davis.

In October I plan to read The Baker’s Secret and The Lions of Fifth Avenue, as previously stated. I also hope to read A Gentleman in Moscow by Amor Towles and The Holdout by Graham Moore.

What are you reading in October?


 

Comments