Reading Goals for 2021


Happy New Year, everyone! I am so hopeful that this year will bring us joy! With a vaccine on its way to help with the spread of COVID, I am starting to see light at the end of this pandemic tunnel. 

In the meantime, I have set my reading goal for 2021. I want to read 105 books, up from my goal of 100 books last year. I actually exceeded my goal in 2020 by reading 103 books. That is the greatest number of books I have ever read in a year in my life!

Just to remind you, I track my reading on the Goodreads app. It is a fantastic way to keep up with your reading. It enables you to have a “Want to Read List” and keeps track of the books you read toward your goal. It also tracks the books you are currently reading and tracks your progress as you read. They also have book giveaways!  The app is truly amazing, and it is free to download. It helps me to stay motivated to read!

Again, don’t let my goal of 105 books be intimidating. I am retired and set aside time to read every day. I started out with a goal of 12 books, one book a month in 2018. I ended up reading 70 books that year, and I didn’t begin reading until March. I joined Barnes & Noble’s Book Club, which is now online, and Spivey’s Book Club, another online book club. Those two clubs helped me to get great recommendations for books. In addition, I always look at Hello Sunshine (Reese Witherspoon’s Book Club), Read With Jenna (Jenna Bush’s Book Club), and GMA’s Book Club for other book recommendations. 

I also subscribe to Book of the Month. With the subscription, you get one choice, which is your “Book of the Month”, but you can also get up to two more “add-ons” for a reduced price. They consistently have excellent offerings, and all of the books are hardback. They often offer books before they are available to the general public and find outstanding debut authors. You can select from many genres, too! The books arrive in a timely manner and are beautifully boxed. If you decide to join Book of the Month, please use my referral code. I will put the link on my Loving Life and Living Yeast Free Facebook page and on my Instagram. For some reason the URL is not copying correctly onto this blog.

Tomorrow I will wrap up my December Reading for you.  On Wednesday I will recap my 2020 reading!! Have a happy reading day!!



 

Comments