Book Review—Maybe in Another Life by Taylor Jenkins Reid




After I read Daisy and the Six by Taylor Jenkins Reid in 2019, I wanted to read more of Jenkins-Reid’s books. The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo has been on my TBR list since 2018! I know, I know. Those of you who are Taylor Jenkins Reid fans will tell me to drop everything and read it today! I will read it soon, I promise! So, in January, Maybe in Another Life was available in audio form from the Orange County Library System in Orlando, so I checked it out right away. Julia Whelan is the narrator, and she is fantastic!

Maybe in Another Life was published in 2015. The book focuses on twenty-nine-year-old Hannah Martin. She is at a point in her life where she is restless, has no job, and is moving back to her hometown of Los Angeles. She meets her best friend, Gabby, at a bar one night and comes face-to-face with her high school boyfriend, Ethan. She has a chance to rekindle their relationship that night.

Jenkins-Reid, at that point in the story, has Hannah answer the question of should I start over with Ethan or head in another direction, by having Hannah play out both scenarios in alternating chapters.

The book focuses on the choices we make in life and fate vs. true love. Jenkins-Reid writes a warm, loving novel that is thought-provoking. It is definitely a page-turner as Hannah weaves her way through her two lives. I really loved this book! Highly recommend!

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️/5



 

Comments