☘️Gluten-Free Irish Soda Bread Muffins☘️

Top ‘O the Morning to You! I think you will find Gluten-Free Irish Soda Bread Muffins perfect for St.Patrick’s Day tomorrow. The recipe is from King Arthur Baking and uses King Arthur Gluten-Free All-Purpose Flour, which I already use. 

Gluten-Free Irish Soda Bread Muffins
Prep: 10 min.   Bake: 18 to 20 mins. 
Total: 28 min.  Yield: 12 muffins (My yield was 17.)

Ingredients:
  • 2-1/4 cups King Arthur Gluten-Free All-Purpose Flour
  • 2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/3 cup granulated sugar (I substituted 1/6 cup Truvia Baking Blend.)
  • 1-1/2 cups currants or raisins (I substituted semisweet chocolate chips; not on plan.)
  • 1-1/2 to 2 teaspoons caraway seeds, to taste (I used 1-1/2 teaspoons.)
  • 2 large eggs
  • 1 cup yogurt or sour cream.*
  • 6 tablespoons of melted butter or 1/3 cup vegetable oil. (I used butter.)
  • Course sprinkling sugar; optional, but delicious (I used it; off plan.)
*For best results, use full-fat yogurt or sour cream. Nonfat will yield an unpleasantly tough muffin; lower-fat will make an acceptable though less-tender muffin. Also, if you choose Greek-style rather than standard yogurt, stir in 2 tablespoons of milk before using. (I used nonfat Greek yogurt and added 2-3 tablespoons of whole milk to the batter until the batter was the proper consistency of a muffin batter. My muffins were delicious!)

Instructions:
  1. Preheat the oven to 400°F. Lightly grease a standard muffin pan; or line with papers, and grease the papers. (Note: Important to grease the papers.)
  2. In a medium-sized mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, sugar, currants or raisins, and caraway seeds.
  3. In a separate bowl, whisk together the yogurt or sour cream, and melted butter or oil.
  4. Stir together the dry and wet ingredients. As soon as everything is evenly moistened, stop stirring; this batter doesn’t need beating.
  5. Spoon the batter into the prepared pan; a muffin scoop works well here. The stiff batter will be mounted in the cups. Top with sparkling white sugar.
  6. Bake the muffins for 18 to 20 minutes, until a cake tester inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean. Remove them from the oven. Tip the muffins in the pan, so their bottoms don’t get soggy. Wait five minutes, then transfer the muffins to a rack to cool. Serve them plain or with butter and/or jam.


 
As you can see, these muffins are beautiful, and they are so delicious! I had one warm yesterday out of the oven because I wanted to be sure they tasted great, and they did. I had another muffin this morning. I wrapped it in a dampened paper towel and put it in the microwave for 10 seconds. It was amazing! I hope you will try Gluten-Free Irish Soda Bread Muffins. Enjoy St. Patrick’s Day tomorrow!

Linked below are two more recipes you may enjoy for St. Patrick’s Day that I have previously featured on the blog:

Soda Bread with Milk Chocolate and Salted Honey Butter

Slow Cooker Guinness Short Ribs with Cheesy Cauliflower Mash



Comments