April Reading 2021

I read some amazing books this month! I think they also have some of the most beautiful covers I’ve ever seen, too! I will be reviewing each one over the next few weeks.

Shiver is a thrilling debut novel by Allie Reynolds. A reunion of friends meet at a ski lodge in the French Alps where mysteries unfold. This is a book that will keep you on the edge of your seat!

The Lost Apothecary is Sarah Penner’s debut novel. This book is set in London and weaves three heroines and two timelines to create an amazing story of poisons, revenge, and survival. 

The House in the Cerulean Sea by T. J. Klune is a marvelous fantasy that takes you on a journey to an enchanted place where you meet special children. This is a very uplifting story about what makes a family.

Breathless by Jennifer Niven is a young adult novel. I loved this book. I feel that this is a novel that there is not a lot of “buzz” on, but is an emotional, heartfelt story. Claudine Henry is ready to graduate from high school and is making all sorts of plans for her future, when life throws her a curveball she never saw coming. This is quite a story; it will leave you breathless, just like the title says. Have tissues handy.

The Star-Crossed Sisters of Tuscany by Lori Nelson Spielman takes the reader on a journey to Italy to try to break the curse of the second-born women in an extended family from never marrying. I loved this book! It was well-written and I loved the characters, especially Aunt Poppy.

I also read Sunflower Sisters by Martha Hall Kelly. This is the third and final book in the Lilac Girls series. Sunflower Sisters is set during the Civil War and focuses on Union nurse Georgeanna Woolsey, an ancestor of Caroline Ferriday, who was an American philanthropist. The book touches on the lives of many slaves, including young Jemma, many battles and their aftermath. As in all of her books, Martha Hall Kelly extensively researched the material for Sunflower Sisters


I hope you will pick up a copy or two of these books! Right now I am reading The Kitchen Front by Jennifer Ryan and listening to The Switch by Beth O’Leary. I’m  loving both of them!! 

Happy Reading!!

Comments