March 2021 Reading


Happy April Fool’s Day! I’m not fooling around today when I tell you I read these fabulous books in March. It is a varied list: non-fiction, a thriller, historical fiction, fantasy, and romance.

Denial of Justice by Mark Shaw is the follow-up novel to the author’s A Reporter Who Knew Too Much. It is the true story of columnist/celebrity Dorothy Kilgallen and her untimely death (was she murdered?) while she was investigating the JFK assassination. Fascinating!

The Invisible Life of Addie Larue by V.E. Schwab is an amazing fantasy (actually historical fantasy) that begins in France in 1714 and covers the next 300 years. If you want to read a fantasy that is like no other, read this book. I listened to the audiobook, which was fantastic! Narrated by Julia Whelan, the narration captivated me for 17 hours. 

Everything After is Jill Santopolo’s newest novel. Emily Gold is married with a wonderful life. That is until she hears a song on the radio by her first love. The book is heartfelt and touching. I listened to the audiobook, which Jill Santopolo beautifully narrates.

Every Last Fear by Alex Finlay is one of the best thrillers I have read this year. It will keep you on the edge of your seat as main character, Matt Pine, navigates the fate of his family.

A Gentleman in Moscow by Amor Towles is one of the best books I’ve ever read. Beautifully written, with a building plot, this book is the captivating story of Count Alexander Rostov.

The Ex Talk by Rachel Lynn Solomon is a fun romantic read that I thoroughly enjoyed. It is Ms. Soloman’s debut novel, centered around colleagues at a public radio station. 

Accidentally Engaged by Farah Heron is an adorable romance about a fake engagement, a cooking contest (loved the foodie component) and meddling parents. Super cute and funny! 

I will have more extensive reviews on these books throughout the month. I reviewed This is Big by Marisa Meltzer earlier in March. The review is linked here.



Right now I’m reading the thriller, Shiver, by Allie Reynolds. I’m also listening to The House in the Cerulean Sea by T.J. Klune. Some other books I plan to read are Yellow Wife by Sadeqa  Johnson and The Star-Crossed Sisters of Tuscany by Lori Nelson Spielman. 

Happy April Reading!

Comments