Book Review—From the Corner of the Oval by Beck Dorey-Stein

My sister recommended From the Corner of the Oval by Beck Dorey-Stein to me over two years ago. She even lent me her copy of the book, telling me that I need to read it, that I will love it, etc. Well, I finally read From the Corner of the Oval and loved the book! So my advice is trust your sister or girlfriends with book recommendations. They know you well!

Beck Dorey-Stein worked as a stenographer during the Obama administration. This memoir is chuck-full of behind the scenes stories of trips around the world on Air Force One and her pals that she makes on the job. You will find yourself trying to figure out who her love interest was and definitely who she referred to as “The Rattler.” Dorey-Stein kept a journal/notes of her travels and had always been an aspiring writer. Once she left The West Wing, she was able to draw from that for this book. I highly recommend it, and don’t wait to read it two years from now like I did!

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️/5

Beck Dorey-Stein’s newest book, Rock the Boat, will be out on June 29, 2021. I have pre-ordered this one. I’m not waiting two years!


 

Comments