Book Review—This Must Be the Place by Maggie O’Farrell

Published in 2016, This Must Be the Place is the first Maggie O’Farrell novel I have read. It certainly won’t be the last. The majority of the novel is set in Ireland, although the main character, Daniel Sullivan, is a New Yorker. Daniel marries a famous American ex-film star who lives a reclusive life in Ireland. The novel is a look into their marriage, as well as Daniel’s previous marriage. One of the things I liked best about this book is the outstanding character development. You will enjoy this book if you like reading novels that tell an epic story about family and true love. 

I listened to the audiobook, but I would recommend reading the novel because of the timelines that go back and forth. I found myself going back to previous chapters, which is difficult to do when listening to an audiobook, to make sure my thinking was on track.  

I highly recommend This Must Be the Place by Maggie O’Farrell. 

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️/5

I will be reading Hamnet by Maggie O’Farrell soon.





Comments