Slow Cooker Toasty Balsamic Chicken BLT Sandwiches


I’m so thrilled to share another slow cooker toasty sandwich recipe from Courtney at A Life From Scratch. The sandwiches are delicious! Also, look at the plate and platter! Courtney recently started her HAPPY brand. These cute plates and platters are available on Happy by A Life From Scratch . They are perfect for my outdoor patio! She also has other products available. I have purchased the HAPPY hat which is super cute to wear in the Florida heat when I walk Milo. I also LOVE the Lemon Basil Scrub. I have also ordered the HAPPY Tumbler which I should be receiving soon. All of the products have the highest quality. Courtney has partnered with brands that she has used and loved for years. So back to this terrific recipe!!

Slow Cooker Toasty Balsamic Chicken BLT Sandwiches 

Ingredients:
  • A little olive oil
  • 3-4 boneless skinless chicken breasts 
  • Salt & Pepper
  • A few teaspoons chopped garlic 
  • 1 teaspoon dried oregano 
  • 1 teaspoon dried basil 
  • 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme 
  • 1/2 onion, sliced
  • 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar 
  • Small can tomato sauce
  • Mozzarella cheese, for serving 
  • Cooked bacon, for serving
  • Arugula, for serving 
  • Heirloom tomato, for serving 
  • Buns, for serving (I used slider-sized buns.)
Directions:
  1. Put a little olive oil in the bottom of your slow cooker. 
  2. Place chicken breasts that have been seasoned with salt & pepper on top of the olive oil.
  3. Sprinkle garlic and and remaining spices on top of the chicken.
  4. Pour balsamic vinegar and tomato sauce over the chicken.
  5. Cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 3-4.
  6. Shred chicken.
  7. Line a sheet pan with foil and preheat oven to 425°.
  8. Place chicken on open faced buns and top with mozzarella and bacon.
  9. Toast for 5 minutes or so in the oven.
  10. Next, top with arugula and tomato.


The sandwiches look wonderful, don’t they? They can be served with Courtney’s Crunchy Slaw, which I featured on my blog. This time, I roasted corn to have with the sandwiches. It is so simple to do in the OVEN.  

Roasted Corn in Oven
  1. Preheat oven to 350°F. 
  2. Trim any loose silk pieces from the corn husks, but keep the husks on the corn.
  3. Place the corn on a baking sheet or directly on the oven rack.
  4. Roast for 30 minutes.
  5. Remove from oven.
  6. Peel back the husks and enjoy!
This is such a simple way to enjoy fresh corn. I make the corn first. While it is roasting, I assemble the sandwiches and get all of the other ingredients ready, such as cooking the bacon. Then as soon as the corn is done, I turn the oven up, wait a minute or so, and pop in the sandwiches. Five minutes later, dinner is ready, and I can serve everything on my pretty HAPPY dishes and platter.

I hope you will try this super tasty summer dinner!




Comments