July 2021 Reading!

I surprised myself this morning when I was creating my book collage for the month. I never counted how many books I was reading this month. I only knew that I was one book ahead of my Goodreads reading goal for the year. I couldn’t believe I read a dozen books this month. The great things is that they were all excellent. 

If you are looking for some great summer reading I highly suggest Malibu Rising and Golden Girl. Another great summer read that came out in 2019 is The Islanders.

The others I highly suggest are Musical Chairs (a must!) and Blush (about a winemaking family).

I really loved The Paper Palace. It is a great summer read, but a little heavier than the others. There are themes of abuse/rape, so there is your trigger warning. It is about a family’s summers spent on Cape Cod through the years and how it complicates adult life later. The character development is amazing.

I read two thrillers, Before She Knew Him by Peter Swanson, which I already reviewed and Falling by T.J. Newman. Falling is fast-paced thriller. Just don’t read it while you are flying!

I’ll be reviewing Musical Chairs, Malibu Rising and Olympus, Texas this week. Look for the other eight reviews throughout August!

If you ever want to know what I am currently reading, you can always check my bio in Instagram account. Currently I am reading Last Summer at the Golden Hotel by Elyssa Friedland (hardback) and listening to When the Grass is Green and the Girls are Pretty by Lauren Weisberger.

What do you plan to read this month?


 

Comments