Slider Bowls from A Life From Scratch

These Slider Bowls are so delicious! Honestly, the flavors go so great together! I got this recipe from Courtney at A Life From Scratch. If you have an Instagram account, you will want to give her a follow. All of her recipes are family friendly, and I have gotten so many great organizing and household routine tips from her. 

Slider Bowls

Ingredients:
  • 1 lb. ground chicken  (This made 7 sliders. If you need more than that, you need to buy more than a lb. of ground chicken.)
  • Montreal Steak Seasoning (This time I used salt, pepper, and garlic powder.)
  • Arugula (I used shredded iceberg lettuce.)
  • Garlic Expressions dressing or a dressing of your choice
  • Cheddar cheese, shredded (I didn’t use this.)
  • Bread & Butter pickles, sliced
  • Pickled red onions (recipe below)
  • Cherry tomatoes, sliced 
  • French fries or tater tots (I bought frozen fries to save time.)
  • Any other topping you enjoy!
  • Magic Sauce from The Salted Fourk (recipe below)
Instructions:
  1. Bake fries or tater tots in oven. Cover with foil and set aside.
  2. Season the sliders with salt, pepper, and garlic powder. 
  3. Broil the sliders about 5-6 minutes. Then flip and broil 4-5 minutes more until golden brown and the internal temperature is 160°F. (You can also grill them over medium high heat, as Courtney did, for 3-4 minutes per side.)
  4. Assemble your bowls by tossing lettuce with Garlic Expressions.  Top your bowl with the sliders and toppings of your choice. (I topped my sliders with Magic Sauce. I added the fries to my bowl and eventually topped them with Magic Sauce, too.)
Pickled Red Onions
  • Thinly sliced red onion
  • 1-1/2 cups water
  • 1/2 cup vinegar (I used white vinegar.)
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 2 teaspoons sugar
Mix together in a glass Mason jar.
Let sit at room temperature for 30 minutes to an hour loosely covered.
Lasts for weeks in the refrigerator.

Magic Sauce
  • 1/2 cup Greek yogurt 
  • 2 tablespoons ketchup
  • 2 tablespoons yellow mustard
  • 2 teaspoons chili lime seasoning 
  • 1 teaspoon garlic powder 
Mix to combine and chill.


As you can see, the bowl turns out beautifully! This recipe is definitely one of my favorites!! The key is to prep ahead the pickled red onions and the Magic Sauce. You can prep them both the night before or the morning before you make the recipe. They are quick and easy to throw together. That way, all you have to do in the evening is make the frozen fries, sliders, and assemble the bowls. The pickled red onions and the Magic Sauce are the stars of the bowl, in my opinion. I want to have them on hand for adding to just about anything I make!

I hope you enjoy this recipe!!

Comments